These vegetarian roasted sweet potato tacos are made with zesty sweet potatoes, refried black beans, creamy avocado, and your choice of toppings. See notes above for possible ingredient variations.
- 1 batch refried beans (made with pinto or black beans)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, diced into 1/2-inch cubes (also peeled, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning (homemade or store-bought)
- fine sea salt and ground black pepper
- 12 small corn tortillas or flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- toppings: chopped white or red onion, chopped fresh cilantro, lime wedges and/or lime crema (see below)
- Make the roasted sweet potatoes. Heat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the oil, taco seasoning, and a pinch of salt and black pepper until combined. Spread the potatoes out on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 25-35 minutes — flipping once halfway through, until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Make the refried beans. Meanwhile, while the potatoes are cooking, make a batch of refried beans according to recipe instructions.
- (Optional) Make the lime crema. Whisk the crema ingredients (see below) together until combined.
- Assemble the tacos. Once everything is cooked and ready to go, fill each tortilla with a scoop of refried beans, sweet potatoes, avocado, and any of your desired toppings.
- Serve. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Lime crema instructions: Whisk together 1 cup sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt), juice of 1 lime, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and a pinch of salt.
Storage instructions: Any leftover ingredients can be refrigerated in food storage containers for up to 3 days.