This skinny margarita recipe is lighter on calories, but bursting with fresh and delicious flavor.
- 1 1/2 ounces (1 shot, or 3 tablespoons) tequila
- 1 1/2 ounces (3 tablespoons) lime juice
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) freshly-squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) water
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- (optional fruit purees: mango, watermelon, pineapple, berries, etc.)
- (optional garnishes and muddlers: fresh lime or other fruit slice, fresh mint sprig, coarse sea salt to rim the glasses)
- For a classic skinny margarita, add tequila, lime juice, agave, orange juice, and water to a cocktail shaker (or a glass), and shake (or whisk) for about 10 seconds to combine. Strain and serve over ice. Add a garnish or two if desired.
- If using a fruit puree, reduce agave to 1 teaspoon, omit the water, and add in 3 tablespoons of the fruit puree. Shake/whisk to combine, then taste. If the mixture is too tart, add in an additional teaspoon of agave.