This slow cooker cranberry sauce could not be easier! Plus it’s super tasty and easy to customize with your desired kind and amount of sweetener.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, granulated or brown sugar, or your preferred sweetener (adding more/less to taste)
- optional add-ins: a splash or bourbon or red wine, orange zest, a pinch of ground ginger, a pinch of cinnamon and cloves, some chopped walnuts, or a splash of vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours, or until the cranberries have popped open and the sauce is bubbly.
- Taste and stir in any extra sweetener or add-ins if desired. Serve warm. (Heads up that the sauce will thicken considerably as it cools.)