This strawberry kale salad is fresh and delicious and made with a simple white balsamic vinaigrette.
- 6 cups fresh baby kale (*or see note below for using other kinds of kale)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1–2 avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese (or other soft cheese)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- half a small red onion, thinly sliced
- white balsamic vinaigrette (recipe below)
White Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3–4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
To Make The Salad:
- Toss all ingredients together with your desired amount of dressing until combined. Serve immediately.
To Make The Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined.
- *If you choose to use traditional kale, pour an extra few teaspoons of oil onto the greens first and massage it into them with your hands for 1 minute to soften.