This Sweet and Salty Energy Bites recipe is easy to make, packed with tons of protein, and irresistibly delicious!
- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup roughly-chopped Blue Diamond Roasted Salted Almonds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Makes about 20-25 balls.
*Prep time listed does not include chill time in the refrigerator.