Greek tzatziki dip is easy to make homemade with fresh ingredients, and it can be used in a wide range of dishes!
- 2 cups full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 English cucumber*, seeded and grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (not dried dill)
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Stir all ingredients together until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 2 days.
*I recommend using an English cucumber so that you don’t have to worry about removing the seeds. Feel free to peel it if you would like. Also, if you would like a thicker sauce, feel free to squeeze the excess juice out of the shredded cucumber before adding it to the dip.