This watermelon fire and ice salsa screams summertime, with its hot and cool components!
- 3 cups watermelon, finely diced (approx. 1/4″)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the chopped watermelon, green bell pepper, lime juice, cilantro, green onions, jalapeno with a spoon. Pour into a colander or mesh strainer and gently stir to strain out any extra juices. Then add in garlic salt, transfer to a serving bowl (or hollowed-out watermelon half) and serve immediately.
Adapted from All Recipes