These chocolate chip meringue cookies are simple to make, healthier, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
- 4 egg whites, room temperature (very important!)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract, store-bought or homemade
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet (or two) with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, beat egg whites, salt, cream of tartar and vanilla on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.* Slowly add sugar and beat until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. Gently fold in chocolate chips by hand until combined.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoon-fulls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the cookies are cooked and slightly golden. Turn the oven off, and let the cookies cool in the oven for an additional 20-30 minutes until cool. Remove and serve immediately, or store in an airtight container.