This Coconut Oil Pumpkin Bread recipe is simple to make in one bowl, and it is perfectly spiced and made with coconut oil.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour (*see alternate substitution below)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray, or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Whisk together sugars, flour, spices, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Create a well in the center of the bowl, and add pumpkin, eggs, oil, water and vanilla into the well. Whisk, starting with the wet ingredients and working your way to the outside of the bowl, mixing until batter is smooth and clump-free. Do not over-mix. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.)
- Pour batter into the loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spoon. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then carefully invert the loaf and cool on a rack until it reaches room temperature. Cover in plastic wrap or store in a sealed container for up to 5 days.