Learn how to make homemade pumpkin spice lattes (and homemade pumpkin spice syrup/concentrate) with this simple recipe.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Ingredients:
- 1 shot (1.5 ounces or 3 tablespoons) espresso or strongly-brewed hot coffee
- 1 shot (1.5 ounces or 3 tablespoons) pumpkin spice syrup (see below)
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) steamed milk, any kind
- optional toppings: whipped cream (or vegan coconut whipped cream), caramel sauce, ground cinnamon
Pumpkin Spice Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (or your desired sweetener)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
To Make The Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- Add all ingredients together in a mug and stir to combine. Top with optional toppings if desired.
To Make The Pumpkin Spice Syrup:
- Whisk together water, brown sugar, pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice together in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 3 minutes until slightly thickened. Stir in vanilla extract, and remove from heat.
- Use immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.