Delicious Biscoff spread goes perfectly with this cream cheese frosting, sandwiched between two chocolate cookies to make these Chocolate Biscoff Whoopie Pies.
Chocolate Whoopie Pie Ingredients:
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
Biscoff Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients:
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Biscoff spread
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
To Make The Whoopie Pies:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- In a bowl, sift together, flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar with a mixer on low until just combined. Increase speed to medium and beat for about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat for two more minutes. Add half of the flour mixture and half of the milk and beat on low until incorporated. Repeat with remaining flour and milk and beat until combined.
- Drop batter on baking sheet in tablespoon clumps, each about two inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes each or until pies spring back when pressed gently. Remove from oven and cool for about five minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely. Once cooled, spoon or pipe the frosting onto the flat side of one cookie, and then top with another cookie to make a whoopie pie. Repeat with remaining frosting and cookies.
To Make The Biscoff Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese and Biscoff spread on medium speed until combined. Add vanilla and powdered sugar, and mix on low speed until sugar is incorporated. Stop mixer, and use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl. Increase speed to medium and mix for 1 more minute until well combined.
If you don’t have Biscoff spread, these would also be great with peanut butter.
Slightly adapted from Whoopie Pies
Love the idea of a biscoff filling!
WOW! Wish I had one this Friday morning…right now!!!
These look amazing! That filling, sigh!
This is a fantastic flavor for a whoopie pie. They look so perfect!
Please pass the whole stack! :)
I’ve been enjoying your Instagram pictures, but thought I had missed some info. And there it is! What an amazing job. It must be so fun! And it must be great to have all those taste testers. I wish I could be one of them because these look super yummy. I think Biscoff is pretty amazing, no matter what is done with it and your piping made these super cute. :)
These might just make the world a better place. Love it!
This is totally up my alley! I am OBSESSED with biscoff. Who isn’t?!
this is amazing..that frosting/filling – i could just pipe that into my mouth and call it a day!! haha ;)
These look incredible, and congrats on the great job, that sounds so fun! You will be the office favourite in NO time with treats like this :)
Congratulations on the new job, it sounds amazing! Almost as amazing as these whoopie pies!
Chocolate + biscoff spread… a match made in heaven! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again… you are the biscoff QUEEN! I love these Ali!
How you even managed to make these whoopie pies will forever amaze me since I know personally, I’d probably stop, “sample” the filling, and then proceed to eat it entirely before anyone could even MENTION “whoopie pie.” They’re beautiful!
These are the best idea ever! And your job sounds like the best job ever!
These look so good and I’d definitely sample one for breakfast ;) Love the biscoff filling and the contrast between the cookie and filling… I’m featuring this post in today’s Food Fetish Friday (with a link-back and attribution as always). Thank you so much for keeping me inspired with such delicious creations…
These woopie pies look amazing! Lucky co-workers and how fun to work as photo stylist assistant at Hallmark!
Thanks for sharing the recipe, I just included it in my 100 chocolate recipes round-up https://www.roxanashomebaking.com/100-chocolate-recipes/
Made these for a cookie exchange and they turned out great! One problem though, it’s hard getting that filling on to the cookie versus your finger and then on to your mouth! Seriously, super delicious recipe and easy to execute.
We’re so glad you enjoyed these! :)