Looking for a fun little treat to serve for game day? This Football Bites (With Summer Sausage, Cheddar & Ranch) recipe is ready to go in 10 minutes!
- favorite crackers (I used TownHouse because of their size/shape)
- summer sausage, sliced thin (about 1/8″ thick)
- block of cheddar cheese, sliced very thin (about 1/8″ thick)
- ranch dressing
- 1 small, rinsed-out aluminum can (like from green chiles), or a small round cookie cutter
- 1 ziplock bag, or frosting bag
- On a sturdy cutting board, use the aluminum can (or cookie cutter) to shape the cheddar and summer sausage pieces into individual “football” shapes. (See photo above.) Then assemble the football “bites”, by layering cheddar and summer sausage atop the crackers.
- Finally, pour some ranch dressing into a Ziplock bag, and then use scissors to snip a very small triangle from one of the bottom corners. Pipe the dressing onto the cheddar to complete the football bites.
- Then serve and enjoy!