This Bacon & Jalapeno Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is so good it will seem to disappear instantly! An absolutely delicious crowd-pleasing dish. You”ll love it!
- 1/3 cup Panko bread crumbs (or regular bread crumbs)
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 lb. large button mushrooms
- 3 strips thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 oz. cream cheese (a quarter of a block)
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (or other favorite cheese)
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin by preparing the Panko topping. In a small bowl combine the panko bread crumbs with the melted butter. Toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
- Carefully clean and stem the mushrooms. Set the caps on a small baking sheet. Chop half of the stems (we won’t use the other half) and set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat cook the chopped bacon until crisp. Add the chopped onion, jalapeno, garlic and mushroom stems and cook until softened, about five minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir the shredded cheese with the cream cheese until well combined. Add the warm vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Divide the filling evenly between the mushrooms. Top with the buttered Panko mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender and the topping is golden brown. Serve warm.
Recipe adapted from EvilShenanigans