You will love this Blue Cheese Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe! This delicious appetizer or side is distinctly flavorful.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp. real butter, cut into chunks
- 3/4 tsp salt
- freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 pieces bacon (or turkey bacon), cooked crisp and crumbled
- grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry potatoes. Rub them lightly with a bit of shortening or vegetable oil (helps crisp the skin) and place directly on oven rack, or a cookie sheet. Bake for one hour or until potatoes are done.
- Remove potatoes and let cool just a bit. Cut an opening on the top and hollow out each potato, OR cut each potato in half (as shown in photos) to make 8 servings. You may want to hold them with a potholder as they will still be hot!
- Scoop out the insides and place in a bowl. Mash, and add butter, sour cream, bleu cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic. Beat with a hand mixer or stir with a wooden spoon until fluffy. Carefully spoon mixture back into potato shells. Place in a baking dish.
- Return to hot oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove and sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese over each potato. Bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites
Do you have a brand preference for bleu cheese?
Hey there! Actually, I’m sure there are people who could give much more knowledgeable answers on this one. But being that I’m not a big blue-cheese connoisseur anyway…and that I cook on a pretty tight budget…I usually go with whatever’s on sale. :-) So far, it seems to have worked out well!
Hi Ali! I am IN LOVE with your blog. I discovered it a few weeks ago and I am hooked! :) Your recipes all look fantastically fresh and delicious and the pics are so beautiful too. I love that you try to make everything a bit more on the healthy side also. Until a few days ago I had no idea how easy it was for me to cut up a butternut squash or how much I love pomegranates! (both were a little intimidating until I saw your how-to posts with pics! Thank you for opening up some wonderful new culinary adventures for me :) So anyway, I made a whole menu a la Ali last night for my best friend and boyfriend. I made the Butternut Squash and Crab Bisque, twice baked blue cheese potatoes with bacon and the pomegranate honey cider salad. It received an amazing score of 11 out of 10 and a 15 out of 10 from them! lol It was all so incredibly good. Thank you for this wonderful blog :) I’m going to try the clam chowder next!
Wow – thanks so much, Kimberly!! :) So glad that you’ve enjoyed the recipes! That’s my favorite thing to hear!
Ha…and after reading your comment, I may have to try that triple-recipe combination myself sometime soon… Yum!
I modified this to use cheddar on top and half and half instead of milk. Chives instead of garlic and it’s the best ever. All of your recipes are incredible and you are my go to for anything!!! I hope u get ur own tv show one day!
Thank you so much, we’re so glad you enjoyed them!