You will love this Blue Cheese Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe! This delicious appetizer or side is distinctly flavorful.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp. real butter, cut into chunks
- 3/4 tsp salt
- freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 pieces bacon (or turkey bacon), cooked crisp and crumbled
- grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and dry potatoes. Rub them lightly with a bit of shortening or vegetable oil (helps crisp the skin) and place directly on oven rack, or a cookie sheet. Bake for one hour or until potatoes are done.
- Remove potatoes and let cool just a bit. Cut an opening on the top and hollow out each potato, OR cut each potato in half (as shown in photos) to make 8 servings. You may want to hold them with a potholder as they will still be hot!
- Scoop out the insides and place in a bowl. Mash, and add butter, sour cream, bleu cheese, milk, salt, pepper, and garlic. Beat with a hand mixer or stir with a wooden spoon until fluffy. Carefully spoon mixture back into potato shells. Place in a baking dish.
- Return to hot oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove and sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese over each potato. Bake an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites