Cute little brownie “spiders” will make your Halloween all the sweeter!
- 1 pan of baked brownies
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- candy eye balls
- circle cookie cutter or biscuit cutter (mine was 1.5-inch diameter)
- a toothpick
- Use a circle cookie/biscuit cuter to cut out your desired size of circles for the spider “bodies”. Place on wax paper for prep, or place them right on your serving tray.
- In the microwave or a double-boiler, melt the chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl. Then remove 1 tablespoon of the melted chocolate and set it aside. And then gently stir the chow mein noodles into the remaining melted chocolate until all of the noodles are coated. Spread the noodles out somewhat on a plate covered with wax paper (you don’t need to completely separate them), and then pop it in the freezer for about 10 minutes to chill and re-harden the chocolate.
- Once chilled, remove the chocolate covered noodles, and pick out some long ones to use as the spider “legs”. Use a toothpick to poke 8 holes on the top of the brownie circles around the edges, then poke the noodles into the holes to be the legs.
- Then take the tablespoon of melted chocolate that you set aside, and use the toothpick to transfer a dot of melted chocolate to the back of each candy eyes to be the “glue”. Place the eyes on the front of the brownie circles.
- Serve the brownie bites immediately, or cover to keep for up to 4 days.