You’ll love this yummy Corn & Black Bean Quinoa Salad Recipe! So easy and quick to prepare, and makes for an incredibly beautiful and delicious meal!
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup black beans (or 1 (15 oz.) can, drained)
- 1 ear corn, grilled and kernels cut from cob (or 1 (15.25 oz.) can, drained)
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, minced (or 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. hot sauce (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Simmer the quinoa in the water until the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Mix the quinoa, black beans, corn, red pepper, jalapeno, green onion, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Mix the oil, lime juice, chipotle in adobo sauce, cumin, hot sauce (optional), salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Toss the salad in the dressing, and serve.
Recipe adapted from Closet Cooking