You will love this Creamy Roasted Garlic & Mushroom Pasta recipe. Its quick and easy to prepare, and so delicious!
- 24 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 24 oz. sliced baby portabello mushrooms (or any kind of mushrooms)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- kosher salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 large shallot (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup heavy cream (or you can just use 1/2 cup)
- 12 oz. pasta (I used farfalle)
- freshly-shaved Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring a large pot of generously-salted water to a boil on the stove.
- Lay the garlic cloves out on a sheet of aluminum foil, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Wrap up the edges of the aluminum foil to make an enclosed pouch, and set on the corner of a baking sheet. Spread out the mushrooms on the rest of the baking sheet, and drizzle with an additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil, as well as another pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until the mushrooms are browned and the garlic cloves are slightly golden. Remove from oven, open garlic pouch to cool, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add the shallots and cook for 4-5 minutes or until they are translucent and begin to slightly brown. Add the wine and stir for a minute, stirring the bottom of the skillet to pick up any browned bits. Add the chicken broth and thyme sprigs and cook for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce. Add the roasted mushrooms, garlic, and cream and stir to combine. Cook for an additional few minutes as sauce thickens. Once the sauce is ready, remove the thyme sprigs.
- While preparing the sauce, cook the pasta al dente in the boiling water according to package instructions. Once it is ready and drained, add the pasta to the prepared sauce and toss to combine. Serve immediately and garnish with Parmesan.
This would be wonderful with chicken or Italian sausage!
Roasted garlic…creamy white wine sauce…thyme…pasta…I love everything about this, Ali!
This looks just wonderful!
This looks super comforting!
these looks so good! thyme, garlic, everything yumm
Beautiful photo. This sounds like something my husband would really like.
My husband just saw your photo and wants me to make this. He said that it looked so lite and delicious and he’s right. This will be on our menu very soon. It looks amazing!
I made this tonight and it was wonderful! The roasted garlic and mushrooms make this dish so flavorful. Thank you for sharing such a yummy recipe!
Okay, that video for peeling the garlic, it really worked! Crazy! Mushrooms and garlic roasting now. Indulging in a mushroom pasta, since my daughter who doesn’t like mushrooms is away at college now. My other daughter found this recipe and suggested it to me!
Just made this last night and it was delicious! Only minor problem I had was the sauce was a little thin but it thickened right up with some cornstarch! Everyone loved this and I will definitely make this again!
Very nice. Used some vermouth as well.