DIY Grapefruit-Lavender Body Spray
Our stylish friend, Liz, is here today to share with you a quick and easy DIY project that’s perfect for summer!
Happy weekend, friends! I hope you all had a great week. Summer has been in full force in Kansas City and it has had me itching for a new summery scent. I have noticed lately that strong perfumes and colognes have been a little much for me. So I have been exploring some more natural and herbal scents.
After some searching in stores and online for one that I loved, I decided my best bet would be to make my own. (Surprise!) So I used some essential oils and water and created a scent I love that is fresh, light, chemical-free and perfect for summer. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
What you’ll need:
What you’ll do:
- Fill your spray bottle up with water. The bottle I used holds up to 2oz so I filled it almost to the top leaving space for my oils.
- I chose grapefruit and lavender for my essential oils. These oils are both from Young Living. I borrowed them from my sister, but I am getting more and more interested in trying out the starter pack for myself. (You can also purchase essential oils at your local health market)
- Drop the grapefruit oils into the bottle one by one. I used about 10-15 drops, but you can add or subtract drops to your liking.
- Drop the lavender oils in the same way, using 10 drops or so as well.
- Shake your bottle to mix the oils together.
- Spray your new body spray to make sure it is at the desired strength.
- That’s it!
I love how fresh this smells and that it doesn’t have any harmful chemicals. It is perfect for a casual summer day or a nice evening out. I have also used it as a room air freshener as well and I love the way it makes my home smell. So fresh and yummy!