You’ll love this Easy Breakfast Braid recipe! Imagine some of your favorite cheeses and meats like sausage or bacon oozing from the middle of fresh bread!
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 oz. spicy chicken sausage (or other sausage), chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded jalapeño peppers
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Unroll dough onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; pat into a 15 x 10–inch rectangle.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sausage; cook 9 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in eggs; cook for 1 1/2 minutes or until set (while continuing to stir). Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle Monterey Jack lengthwise down center of dough, leaving about a 2 1/2-inch border on each side. Spoon egg mixture evenly over cheese. Sprinkle cheddar over egg mixture; top with jalapeño peppers.
- Make 2-inch-long diagonal cuts about 1 inch apart on both sides of dough to within 1/2 inch of filling using a sharp knife or kitchen shears. Arrange strips over filling, alternating strips diagonally over filling. Press ends under to seal. Brush with egg white. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut crosswise into slices.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light