A simple method for delicious and super-flavorful delicious grilled vegetables. You will love this Easy Grilled Vegetables recipe.
- 1 pound tomatoes, cut into large dice (if using cherry or grape tomatoes, leave whole)
- 1 yellow or white onion, peeled and ends removed, cut into eighths
- 1 medium zucchini, ends removed, sliced in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 medium yellow squash, ends removed, sliced in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 carton (8 oz.) mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 bulb garlic
- 4 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. mixed fresh herbs (such as basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, and/or thyme), minced (optional)
- black pepper and sea salt, freshly ground
- Prepare/set your grill to medium-high heat.
- Begin by preparing the garlic for roasting. Peel off the outer papery covering of the head of garlic. Using a sharp knife, slice off 1/4-inch of the top of the bulb, so that the inside of each clove is exposed. Place the head on a square of aluminum foil. Drizzle 1 tsp. olive oil over the top of the cloves, and then use your fingers to spread it around well. Then fold up the foil over the top of the clove, so that it is fully enclosed. Set the foil package directly on top of the grill grates and cook, covered, for about 20 minutes (or until garlic cloves are soft and lightly golden).
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, zucchini, squash, and mushrooms with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil and a generous amount of freshly-ground salt and pepper. Then toss until vegetables are evenly coated. Transfer vegetables to a grill pan, and set on the grill grates (next to the foil-wrapped garlic). Grill, stirring every 2-3 minutes, until vegetables are tender and lightly charred. Remove garlic and vegetables from grill when cooked.
- While vegetables are cooking, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, all of the roasted garlic cloves (you can use your fingers to squeeze them out of the clove), and the chopped fresh herbs (optional) until combined. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer vegetables to a serving platter or bowl, and drizzle with the prepared dressing. Serve immediately. (Or these are also delicious served cold or at room temperature!)
Beautiful! I love to grill all of my odds and ends of veggies, too.
Wow, this looks great! We always have extra veggies in the fridge and I am always trying to think of new ways to use them! This will definitely have to be on the list. Thanks for sharing! :)
Love the idea of grilling the veggies… I often roast veggies but doing them outside seem so much more fun… and the husband could do it for me!
I know what we’re having with the roast tonight! Thanks for the great recipe!
I love roasted vegetables on the grill or in the oven. No matter which veggies you choose, they’re always delicious. And the roasted garlic is a bonus! We made some last week and had a nice loaf of crusty bread to go with it. Mmmm!
yum ! I cant wait to start cooking it tomorrow for dinner. Thanks a million for sharing (:
If I used the over what temp would I set it at and for how long?
Made these last weekend. They are delicious! Nect time I would use more, mushrooms. I omitted the tomatoes as I don’t like grilled ones. Other than that, followed the recipe directly! Yum!!
I agree with you – there is nothing quite like fresh grilled veggies! I love when they still have that crunch to them but have all the delicious flavors that the grill gives them: YUM
Hi, I don’t have a grill pan at what temperature it would be in the oven and how much time? Thanks
About 400 degrees for 30 minutes or so, turning the vegetables once halfway through. (Although keep an eye on them — they may need more/less time, depending on what size you cut the veggies.)
I can’t wait to try this recipe! I’m in dire need of recipes like this. I have to heal my liver (not from drinking alcohol) due to being over weight for so long. I’m looking forward to more of your recipes.
Hi there. If I grilled the veggies in foil, would it be for the same temperature and the same amount of time? And I won’t be able to stir them, correct? Thanks!
Hi Amanda! Yes, that’s correct. We hope you enjoy!
Would this work on a skillet?
Yes, definitely! We hope you enjoy!
You are the best!!! You are so kind to share your wonderful recipes and techniques! I use your recipes and suggestions. Seriously, I am inspiring you to put veggies menu. Thanks for your great dishes.
I am quite literally the worst cook in the world, and even I was able to make these veggies – and they were GREAT!! I make them all the time now! Eat your heart out, Julia Child..
A nice change from the usual baked veg
The flavor combo in this marinade was soooo good. I think the roasted garlic just knocked things up to a whole new level. I had green beans, mushrooms and white onion on my grill pan and boy were they good. Will definitely put this on a regular rotation! Thanks for a great recipe.
I just stumbled upon your article on grilling vegetables and I thought it was a great read. It’s given me some good ideas for grilling vegetables myself! Thank you so much for putting this all together.
This was very helpful, thanks! We’re just starting to grill with a grill pan. Turned out great!
Could you add parboiled baby potatoes to this?