If you are a fan of pesto, and flavorful mushrooms and all things Italian, you will love this Easy Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms recipe!
- 1 lb. baby bella or button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pesto, either homemade or storebought
- (optional) Panko breadcrumbs
- optional garnishes: shaved Parmesan and/or toasted pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or preheat a smoker.
- Carefully remove and discard the stems of the mushrooms, then clean to remove any dirt with a damp cloth. Fill mushroom cavity with pesto (approx. 1/2 teaspoon). Top with a pinch of Panko if desired. Bake or smoke for about 15 minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked and the filling is warm.
- Garnish with Parmesan and/or toasted pine nuts.
These would also be delicious with some crumbled cooked Italian sausage or crabmeat mixed in with the pesto.