The Friday Five
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This week has been one of those perfectly normal weeks that makes me adore life. Nothing extraordinary happened. But lots and lots of really good ordinary-ness happened.
Meals shared with friends every day of the week. Glorious spring thunderstorms. Morning iced coffee. Energizing business brainstorming talks with friends. Nachos. Dog walks on warm evenings. Dancing around the kitchen. Marathon Mad Men watching. Lots of laughing.
Lest I ever forget, most often it’s those normal things are the best things. Feeling grateful for each one of them.
Wishing you a weekend ahead full of the best of things. :)
The Friday Five
5 print-happy maxi skirts for spring
- Lucy Love Montery Skirt | Zappos
- Tribal Print Maxi Skirt | Forever 21
- Parana Maxi Skirt | Anthropologie
- BB Dakota Skirt | Lulu’s
- Orchid Garden Skirt In Foliage | ModCloth
5 berry good reasons to get bakin’ with berries
- Berry Tart with Lemon Curd Marscapone | Foodie Crush
- Strawberry Meringue | Bakers Royale
- Blueberry Cream Scones with Meyer Lemon Glaze | Buns In My Oven
- Brown Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread with Blueberry Butter | Averie Cooks
- Triple Berry Dutch Baby | Joy The Baker
5 quick DIY vases you didn’t know you had
- Perfume Bottle Vase | A Pair & A Spare
- Cholula & Beer Bottles Vases | Kailani’s Korner
- Tea Vase | Weddbook
- Simple Mug Vase | LPN Photography
- Yarn Vase | Poppytalk
5 kitchen tools I swore I didn’t need…and now LOVE (and use constantly)
- Microplane Herb Mill — It’s like a pepper mill, but for fresh herbs. Sure you can chop them, but this mill is awesome with milling the perfect super-finely chopped cilantro or parsley to sprinkle on top of a recipe.
- Adjustable Measuring Spoons — Use, rinse, and reuse. So much quicker than pulling out (and then washing) 5 separate measuring poons.
- Misto — When I once drizzled, I now spray. I actually own two of these now — for olive oil, and the occasional homemade salad dressing or vinegar. If you don’t have one, get one.
- Mandoline Slicer — For years, I thinly sliced and julienned by hand, which is totally doable. But it is ridiculously (like, ridiculously) faster with this guy, and much more uniform for those who might also be perfectionists.
- Citrus Juicer — If you ever make homemade margaritas and find yourself needing to juice a million (ok 20) limes, this one is a no brainer. You can survive without it, but you will be far happier by the time those margs are served by using it.
5 reasons to smile this weekend
Love that maxi skirt from Anthro!
I sneakily got a mandoline for Christmas two years ago but my husband says it is too sharp and dangerous to use. I can only get it out when he is not home. For Easter we made scalloped potatoes and he insisted on slicing them himself. Crazy man!!
I think I’d like a mandoline, but I do worry about slicing the ends of my fingers off! Ouch!
If you’re worried about your fingers, you should look into this mandoline: https://new.pamperedchef.com/pws/joyouskitchen/shop/Cook%27s+Tools/Ultimate+Mandoline%C2%AE/1109
It has a food holder that keeps your fingers away from the blades.
Being a consultant, I’m not promoting myself, I’m promoting the product.
That maxi!! What a brilliant idea to use old perfume bottles as vases! Love :) Happy Friday!
I’m so ready for maxi season!! Love this energizing happy post!
Love that you had suck a perfectly normal week. I love those kind too! I have a really expensive Mandoline I use occasionally but my $20 handheld OXO mandoline/slicer is my go to and I use it all of the time! What a surprise to see my berries. :) THX babe.
Had to click through all those maxis – love them! My favorite kitchen tool that I didnt know I needed is my tomato knife.
Awe, love this roundup :)
I love this! I am in a crazy maxi skirt faze right now. I need them all!
I’m so glad it’s berry season! So psyched for fresh produce again. Thanks for the great round-up!
I love your Friday Five!