giveaway: $100 amazon giftcard (*second round*)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This is a sponsored review from BlogHer and Seattle’s Best.
Huge thanks to everyone who participated in the first giveaway this month from Seattle’s Best Coffee! As promised, here is the second giveaway with a rockin’ $100 giftcard from Amazon, and the results of my own taste test of the new “levels”!
As mentioned in my last post, Seattle’s Best has recently introduced a new “levels” system for labeling their coffees. Instead of individual names (like what was formerly “Henry’s Blend”), they now range from “Level 1” (mild, light and crisp) to “Level 5” (bold, dark and intense). Each coffee also includes flavor profiles and amusing character profiles. For example, the personality test pegged me at “Level 2”, for those who are “spontanteous and fun, you’re a curious optimist. Fond of going off the beaten path, you enjoy creating your own adventures and seeing where your heart leads you.“
Read on to see if the taste-testing agreed with the levels profiles, and to enter the $100 Amazon giftcard giveaway!
Dum, dum, dum…..THE RESULTS!
Now I have to admit, I went to a tour of one of our local roasteries in Kansas City a year ago and learned the method for proper coffee “cupping” (taste-testing) which involved lots of loud slurping and spitting…but very little drinking. So for my less-than-proper coffee taste-testing at home, I decided to reverse that. Lots of coffee drinking. Minimal slurping. :)
For the first day of the week, I woke up extra early and decided to make a very small batch of each of the 5 levels, in order to truly be able to compare them! Then each of the following days, I made and enjoyed a full cup of each level to get the full experience. Lots. Of. Coffee.
In the end, I did honestly enjoy Level 2 quite a bit. But Level 5 was the definite favorite. This didn’t come as a huge surprise to me, since I love strong flavors in my food and all kinds of hot and cool drinks. And this Level 5 didn’t disappoint. Labeled as having a “roasty aroma, rich flavor with low acidity and body”, this coffee smelled absolutely heavenly, and tasted even better. Reminded me quite a bit of a French roast. It was wonderful served warm and steamy in the morning, and then cooled down later over ice in the afternoon. Delish!
So would definitely encourage you to check out the new coffees for yourself in stores, or read about the levels system online. And then enter to win the $100 Amazon giftcard giveaway below!
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
So to enter this giveaway, here are the official rules:
- Leave a comment on this post sharing your favorite way to prepare coffee at home.
- You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- b) Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- c) Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- d) For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
- Giveaway ends at 7:00pm Central Standard Time on April 30.
- No duplicate comments
- This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older
- Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
- The Official Rules are available here
- Feel free to read other bloggers’ reviews for more chances to win here