A delicious, fresh, and easy 15-minute meal! You will love this Grilled Tilapia with Cherry Salsa recipe!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 pound (about 2 cups) Bing cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (or parsley), chopped
- 1 large jalepeno (ribs and seeds removed), minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 4 Tilapia fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- In a medium bowl, combine the cherries, onion, parsley, jalapeno, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine and set the salsa aside.
In a small bowl, stir together the cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub tilapia all over with oil and sprinkle with the spice mixture. Then cook the tilapia one of the following ways:
- On The Grill: Heat grill to high; lightly oil the grates.Grill tilapia until opaque around the edges and underside loosens easily from the grill, about 2-3 minutes. Using a metal spatula with a thin blade, flip the fish and continue to cook until opaque throughout, another 2-3 minutes. Serve the Tilapia with the cherry salsa on top.
- On The Stove: Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tilapia and cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve the Tilapia with the cherry salsa on top.
- In The Oven: Place tilapia in a greased baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes, until tilapia flakes easily with a fork. Serve the Tilapia with the cherry salsa on top.
Recipe adapted from Everyday Food