Hawaiian Pita Pizzas
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
It seems like everyone I know is always looking for new dinner ideas that are two things: quick and easy!!! (And all the better if they’re healthy and delicious too!) So when I found myself on the run this week, making a quick Hawaiian pita pizza during a brief stop at home, I figured it might be worth a post. :)
Without a doubt, this definitely falls in the “15-minute meals” category. Pita pizzas are super easy, can be made with just about any favorite ingredients you have at home (toppings, cheeses, sauces, etc.). You can also make them just about as healthy as you’d like, by subbing in whole-wheat pita (or other gluten-free breads), nutritious toppings, and if you’re like me — I try to take it easy on the cheese when making my own. Then serve it up with a side of fruit and/or salad, and you have a well-balanced dinner!
Definitely a big step up from frozen pizzas. And, as opposed to store-bought, you get to control what fresh ingredients go in these! And, homemade pizzas are also a fantastic way to get the family in the kitchen helping make their own dinners too – fun!!
So when you’re on the run, or just looking for a delicious, easy dinner — make it a pita pizza night! Enjoy!!
A totally delicious, healthy 15-minute meal, you will love this Hawaiian Pita Pizza recipe!
- pita bread (I like whole-wheat)
- pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Canadian bacon (or slices of ham), diced
- pineapple, diced
- mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread a few tablespoons of pizza sauce atop a piece of pita bread. Then layer with Canadian bacon and diced pineapple. Sprinkle cheese on top, then add a few more pieces of Canadian bacon and pineapple.
- Place on a cookie sheet (or directly on the oven shelves) and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and pita reaches desired level of crispness. Remove and use a pizza cutter (or a sharp knife) to cut into slices, and serve immediately.
Since these are so small, I also love making these in the toaster oven!