You will love this Lemon Pepper Asparagus recipe! It’s a quick and delicious way to prepare one of your favorite vegetables.
- 1 lb. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- pinch of sea salt
- lots of freshly-cracked black pepper
For Roasted Asparagus:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss or mist the asparagus with olive oil and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice until evenly coated. Sprinkle with a pinch or two of sea salt, and then generously season with freshly-cracked black pepper. Roast for 8-12 minutes, or until the tips begin to brown and the asparagus is tender. Remove and garnish with lemon zest.
For Boiled Asparagus:
- Fill a large stockpot 2/3 full of water, and bring to a rolling boil. Add asparagus spears, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain asparagus, then toss with olive oil and 1 Tbsp. lemon juice until evenly-coated. Season generously with freshly-cracked black pepper, and then garnish with lemon zest.
This recipe is also delicious with some fresh thyme mixed in!