This Mediterranean Farro Salad is filled with fresh ingredients, lots of chewy delicious farro, and it’s tossed with a light Greek vinaigrette. Perfect as a side dish or main course, and for taking with you to a potluck!
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup uncooked farro, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and finely-diced
- 2/3 cup finely-diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup finely-diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- half of a small red onion, finely diced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh parsley
- Greek vinaigrette (see ingredients below)
Greek Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
To Make The Salad:
- Stir together stock and farro in a medium saucepan, and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Remove from heat, and drain off any extra stock once the farro is cooked. Let farro cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Transfer farro to a large mixing bowl, and add in remaining ingredients, including the vinaigrette. Toss until combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
To Make The Greek Vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients together until combined. Use immediately.
Absolutely a great recipe! Great flavor! A keeper!!
This was delicious! Easy and healthy – will totally be making this again and again!
Absolutely amazing and so easy to make!!
This is an excellent recipe. I didn’t have the roasted red peppers nor the sun dried tomatoes, substituted with fresh. A fabulous lunch with a slice of quiche.
Delicious! I served with grilled chicken and omitted the red peppers because I’m not a fan. Thanks!
Oh so tasty. Went great with my fried shrimp and broccoli
Keeper for sure! Great for lunch!
Full of flavour, so delicious.
Why not give the nutrition ? Please Looks good but I like to see calories fibre fat etc
LOVE this recipe! It’s my go to “work from home” lunch these days!
I made this salad this morning for lunch, but one taste, and lunch turned to brunch! LOL! So good. Thank you!
You could also scoop this onto a bed of baby arugula.
This is the 3rd time I’ve made this dish and it is so delicious! The only thing that I am disappointed about is that there are no calorie or serving size listed! I almost didn’t make it because of this.
I make this all the time and it is delicious! Guests always ask me for the recipe after dinner.
Made it a couple of days ago. It was delicious. Highly reccomend
What a super side dish/salad. For those concerned with the nutritional info, you can reduce sodium by using low salt chicken broth and lower salt feta cheese. The bulk of calories would be Faro, however the health benefits of faro in my opinion outweigh its calorie content. Thanks for a great recipe!
Can you use quinoa instead of farro for this?
Can’t wait to make this. Sounds delicious!¡!!!
Love this dish! But I substituted salad tomatoes for the sun dried/roasted combo. Also didn’t get my farro dry enough after cooking — it was kind of soupy even after draining off excess broth. In the recipe photo, the farro grains look totally individual — mine didn’t. Also need darker farro for more contrast. But everyone loved it!
This features a wonderful blend of flavors and ingredients. I doubled the dressing recipe to marinate some chicken for grilling. Even the pickiest eater in the family wanted seconds!