Recipe for Snickerdoodle Muffins, known as Muffadoodles!
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 and 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup additional sugar and 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon mixed together for rollin
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 minutes. Add in the vanilla, and then the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out muffin batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the “ball” of batter around in the mixture until it is covered completely in cinnamon sugar, and then place into a prepared (either greased or with liner) muffin tin. (Each ball of batter should fill about 3/4 of a muffin tin.) Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 14 to 18 muffins. Bake them for approx. 20-22 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Adapted from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody
If you put the batter in the fridge for about 10 minutes they are easier to roll.
Glad you liked them.
oh, those look so good! and so cute with their little snickerdoodle spots!
Ali; these look so good! I know meg would love these!
I’m definitely trying this one… it just says “Make me for your kids!” in a mesmerizing fashion! lol
MMM MMM MMM!!! I want to comment on every photo (but I won’t, don’t worry) and be a little bug in your kitchen to sample all your foods! AAAAHH! :)
Oh my gosh, these look so yummy!!! And I love the name of the recipe, too!
Oh jeez. These sound absolutely amazing. Could make my perfect muffin list!
I just recently got the Martha Stewart Cupcake Cookbook and she has a recipe in there for these cupcakes! I have been wanting to try them out for awhile…they look so tasty!
I thought about starting my own blog too but I’m just too lazy so, I guess I‘ll just have to keep checking yours out.
I just made these abs they turned out delicious!! Light and fluffy with the perfect amount of sweetness. My ONLY complaint is that the prep time listed is way off. If anyone could go from start to putting them in the oven in five minutes I would love to see that. Considering that the very first blending on its own is three minutes, then alternately mixing and rolling in the cinnamon is time consuming. It took me about 18 minutes to make it, so my husband had to wait to go to work till I was done. Not a huge deal, but I wish I had known so I could have made them on a different day. But, totally worth it- the whole family loved them!
Alexis! We’re so sorry about the prep time, that seems to be a typo!! Anyhow, we’re glad you and your family enjoyed them!
These were great! Thank you : )
Has anyone tried to sub anything for the butter to make them a bit healthier (like applesauce or greek yogurt)? Amounts? Still taste awesome??
Thanks Amy, we’re happy you liked them!
Anyone tried freezing these?
These muffins were fantastic!
Very yummy. Some muffins had a lot of butter residue under the liner so I think next time I may cut a little bit of the butter by a couple tablespoons.