Everyone will love this Oreo Truffles (Snowballs) recipe! A fun and easy to make and visually appealing chocolate-y treat!
- 1 (16 oz.) package Oreo cookies
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (24 oz.) package white almond bark, or good-quality white chocolate chips
- Optional: shortening (to thin out the chocolate)
- Optional: 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for drizzling
- In a food processor, mix together the Oreos and cream cheese until they are well-blended. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can crush the Oreos in a large ziplock bag, and then stir/mix in the cream cheese by hand.) Remove, and then shape the dough into little balls about 1″ in diameter. Chill the balls in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. (Or pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, melt the almond bark (or white chocolate chips) in a double boiler or carefully in the microwave. If it is too thick, feel free to stir/melt in a tablespoon or two of shortening to thin it out. Then begin dipping each of the balls by dropping them one-at-a-time into the chocolate, and then carefully removing them with a fork (let the excess chocolate drip through the prongs), and then set them to dry on wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Optional chocolate drizzle: Melt 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave or double-boiler. Then spoon mixture into a pastry bag with a small tip, and use it to pipe your favorite lines or pattern on the truffles. OR, spoon the mixture into a small Ziplock bag, seal it, and then cut a tiny hole in one of the bottom corners and use it to pipe your design. OR, simply dip a fork in the chocolate mixture, and swish it back and forth over the truffles for a fine drizzle.