This Parmesan Popcorn recipe is quick and easy to prepare, and so irresistibly delicious!
- 3–4 tablespoons coconut oil, or enough to coat the bottom of the pan (any high heat oil will do — coconut oil, grapeseed oil, canola oil, etc.)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1–2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- Add oil to a large thick-bottomed stockpot over medium-high heat. Place 3-4 individual kernels in the pan and cover. Once they pop, uncover the pan and add in the rest of the kernels so that they form a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Cover, and give the pot a shake so that they all get coated with the oil.
- Once the popcorn kernels start popping furiously, give the pot a good shake every 15 seconds or so to help the un-popped kernels fall to the bottom, which prevents burning. Once the popping dies down, immediately pour the popcorn it into a large mixing bowl (one that has a lid, like tupperware), and sprinkle with the Parmesan and salt. Cover, and give it a good shake to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!