You will love this Peach, Chicken & Pepper Jack Quesadillas recipe. Sweet, spicy, salty, herby, chicken-y, whole-grain-y…you name it.
- 1 Tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 2 cups thinly-sliced ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. finely-chopped jalapeno (optional)
- Combine honey and lime juice in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir sour cream into honey mixture; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Place tortillas flat on a work surface. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheese over half of each tortilla; top each tortilla with 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup peaches, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and 1/2 tablespoon chopped jalapenos. Gently fold tortillas in half.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in the pan, and top quesadillas with a cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned (leave cast-iron skillet on quesadillas as they cook). Remove quesadillas from pan; set aside, and keep warm. Repeat procedure with the remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve with sauce.
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light
Mmmm, this looks amazing! Great combo of flavors. :)
These look amazing! Great way to incorporate fresh ripe peaches!
This reminds me of a grilled peach/tomato pizza I recently made – the flavor combo is yummy!
I made a vegetarian panini version of this recipe and absolutely loved it! Who knew peaches and pepper jack cheese tasted so delicious together?!
These look amazing! I’m going to have to try it for myself with the explosion of peaches I just bought!
I ADORE the sweet and savory flavors at play here. I’ve seen peaches used a lot in savory dishes lately, but cover them in melted cheese and my heart skips a beat.
What a gorgeous photo! Absolutely stunning. Also, this sweet/savory combo sounds delicious–you can’t go wrong with fruit and cheese…
These look awesome, Ali! I can’t wait for some delicious, juicy peaches.
I made these tonight for my husband and me! So good! I loved the spicy and sweet combination of the peppers and peaches. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Ali, I just happened to have all these ingredients in my house today and am eating my quesadilla as I type this. I LOVE it! Will definitely be making again. Thanks!
Do you mind if I post this in our Wellness exercise room as a new recipe idea for staff at QHC.