You’ll love this fresh and delicious, quick and easy stir-fry recipe that is ready to go in about 20 minutes!
For Stir Fry:
- 2–3 cups veggies of your choice. (Pictured above is broccoli slaw and yellow onions. I often also use broccoli, scallions, carrots, onions, peppers, spinach, squash, tomatoes, zucchini and/or various other veggies. Just about anything works.)
- 1/2 lb. of pasta or 1 1/2 cups rice (whatever is enough to make 3–4 cups of finished pasta/rice)
- 1 1/2 cups protein (beef, chicken, pork, shrimp, seafood, tofu, etc.)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2–3 Tbsp. soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar (more if you want a sweeter stir fry)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sriracha (optional – add more/less to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper, toasted sesame seeds, and/or chili flakes (optional)
- Prepare noodles or rice according to directions.
- In a small saucepan, add in each of the sauce ingredients and whisk together. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the brown sugar is dissolved. Do not burn.
- Meanwhile, stir-fry your protein (meat, tofu, etc.) in a large skillet or wok with olive oil over medium-high heat until cooked. Remove protein from skillet and set aside.
- Add veggies to skillet, and stir to coat in the remaining oil. (Add 1/2 Tbsp. oil if need be.) Stir-fry the veggies in the skillet over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes. Then add in the (drained) noodles or rice, along with the cooked protein. Pour sauce evenly over stir fry and stir to coat. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Add sesame oil and sriracha (optional). Then garnish with sesame seeds and freshly ground black pepper, and serve!
Recipe adapted from Kohler Unlimited.