You will love this flavorful and healthy Roasted Cabbage Wedges recipe.
- 1 head green cabbage
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- (see additional ingredient options below)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the head of cabbage into 8 equally-sized wedges, cutting through the core and stem end. If desired, use a knife to carefully trim off the stem on each wedge. Arrange the wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a pastry brush or oil mister to brush/mist the top sides of each cabbage wedge with the olive oil, then season generously with salt and freshly-ground black pepper. Turn cabbage wedges carefully, then repeat on second side.
- Roast cabbage for about 10 minutes, or until edges of the cabbage and the bottom of the wedges are nicely browned. Then turn each wedge carefully and roast 10-15 minutes more, until the cabbage is nicely browned and cooked through with a bit of chewiness remaining. Serve immediately, and garnish with lemon if desired.
Here are some additional flavor recommendations I would recommend trying out (separately – probably not together!). Add ingredients before cooking:
- fresh lemon juice (then garnish afterwards with lemon wedges)
- small diced uncooked bacon (it will roast and cook along with the cabbage)
- blackening powder
- smoked paprika
- fresh thyme
Slightly adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen.