You will love this Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies recipe. These chocolate-y treats are completely delicious, and can be prepared in about 20 minutes!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (or dark chocolate cocoa powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 oz.) bag Kraft caramel bits
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the caramel bits and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Press each cookie down slightly to flatten, then sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
If you cannot find the caramel bits, you could also cut normal caramels into 1/4″ cubes for this recipe.