This Santa Fe salad with cilantro-lime-peanut vinaigrette is so savory and refreshing — perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head romaine or leaf lettuce
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (16 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, stems cut off
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 cups toasted corn tortilla strips
- Cilantro-lime-peanut vinaigrette (see below)
Cilantro-Lime-Peanut Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (I prefer natural)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. lime zest (approx. zest of one lime)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- To make vinaigrette, mix the first eight ingredients in a food processor. Then slowly add olive oil to mixture, and blend until smooth. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- To prepare salad, marinate chicken at least 1 hour in teriyaki marinade in gallon-size plastic bag or bowl. Once it is ready, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook 7-10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove and let cool, then slice into thin strips.
- While chicken is cooking, wash and dry the lettuce, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Mix in cilantro, corn, beans, and tomatoes. Divide the mixture between the four plates, and top each salad with chicken, then cheese, then tortilla strips. Dress with vinaigrette, and finish with freshly-ground black pepper.
Inspired by The Cheesecake Factory