A fun summer favorite made with fresh ingredients homemade, plus an extra fun “sparkle” of Pop Rocks to rim your glasses!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups cold sparkling water or club soda
- 2 packages strawberry Pop Rocks, optional
- Puree the strawberries, sugar and (2 Tbsp.) water together in a blender or food processor until pureed. Remove and strain through a fine-mesh strainer if desired, or you can leave the seeds and pulp in.
- In a separate bowl or pan, stir together the boiling water and (1/2 cup) sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the lemon juice and strawberry mixture until well combined, then stir in the sparkling water or club soda. Serve over ice.
- To rim your glasses with Pop Rocks, first take your finger and spread a thin layer of honey over the very top rim of the glasses. Then spread out your Pop Rocks in a small bowl, and dip the honeyed glass rims in the Pop Rocks until they are coated. Garnish the glasses then with an additional lemon or strawberry slice if desired.
This would also be delicious for blueberry, raspberry, blackberry or mango lemonade!