A fun summer favorite made with fresh ingredients homemade, plus an extra fun “sparkle” of Pop Rocks to rim your glasses!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 cups cold sparkling water or club soda
- 2 packages strawberry Pop Rocks, optional
- Puree the strawberries, sugar and (2 Tbsp.) water together in a blender or food processor until pureed. Remove and strain through a fine-mesh strainer if desired, or you can leave the seeds and pulp in.
- In a separate bowl or pan, stir together the boiling water and (1/2 cup) sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the lemon juice and strawberry mixture until well combined, then stir in the sparkling water or club soda. Serve over ice.
- To rim your glasses with Pop Rocks, first take your finger and spread a thin layer of honey over the very top rim of the glasses. Then spread out your Pop Rocks in a small bowl, and dip the honeyed glass rims in the Pop Rocks until they are coated. Garnish the glasses then with an additional lemon or strawberry slice if desired.
This would also be delicious for blueberry, raspberry, blackberry or mango lemonade!
This is so fun! Love the pop rocks!
That does sound really good!
I’ve seen quite a few things using pop rocks lately. Usually as a *garnish* but one cupcake recipe actually had the pop rocks baked in!
What a fun drink!! Pop Rocks never get old :)
Uh muh guh. I want!
I had completely forgotten about pop rocks until I saw your post in Instagram. LOVE these!
How refreshing! And that pop rocks touch is genius!
pop rocks!! those things used to hurt me as they went down my throat..they’d pop as they go down haha but i still loved them! these drink sound and look so lovely. i seriously want some right now..i love strawberry & lemonade in the summertime!
I was just drinking some strawberry lemonade and pop rocks would have made it way more fun, will have to pick these up for a treat for next week.
Oh this sounds amazing, love the pop rocks touch!
Pop rocks are so fun! What a pretty drink!
Looks delicious! Perfect for summer.
this is gross but looks good
That’s not very nice! I think it looks great. And anyway; thats an opinion not a fact.
Can’t wait to try it!
Yum would love to make it.thanx