Recipe and photos for Spinach, Feta & Pine Nut Pizza.
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp. dry yeast (from packet)
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- fresh spinach, washed and drained
- feta cheese, crumbled
- pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped (optional)
- For bread machine: Place pizza dough ingredients in bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select “dough” setting, and begin. Remove dough when the cycle is complete, and roll out into desired shape and place on a floured (or cornmeal-dusted) baking sheet or pizza peel.
- By hand: Pour water into large bowl. Sprinkle yeast over; stir to blend. Let stand 10 minutes to dissolve yeast. Add oil, salt, honey (and optional herbs), then flour. Stir until well blended (dough will be sticky). Turn dough out onto generously floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, adding just enough flour to prevent dough from sticking, about 5 minutes (dough will be soft). Shape dough into ball; place in large oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover bowl with kitchen towel. Let dough rise at cool room temperature until almost doubled, about 2 hours. Punch dough down; form into ball. Return to bowl; cover with towel and let rise until doubled, about 3 hours. Remove dough, dust with flour, and roll out into desired shape and place on a floured (or cornmeal-dusted) baking sheet or pizza peel.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush dough lightly with olive oil, and then top with spinach, feta, and pine nuts. Sprinkle with chopped basil if you’d like.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden and the cheese and pine nuts are lightly browned. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing.
Original recipe, with crust-making instructions adapted from Love and Olive Oil