This Spring Vegetable Egg Casserole is the perfect way to highlight all of your favorite seasonal veggies. And when paired with zesty feta cheese, and baked up into an easy casserole, it’s the perfect make-ahead dish to serve a crowd.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot (or 1 cup of baby carrots), peeled and diced
- 1 pound asparagus, cut on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces
- 4 ounces sugar snap peas, halved
- 3–4 cups chopped broccoli florets (about 1 medium head of broccoli)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 12 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until it is soft and translucent.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, carrot, asparagus, snap peas, broccoli and garlic, and stir to combine. Continue cooking for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies have softened and cooked through. Add the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, and stir for another 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer about half of the veggie mixture to the prepared baking dish, and spread the veggies out in an even layer. Sprinkle evenly with half of the feta cheese. Repeat by adding the remaining veggies on top in an even layer, followed by the rest of the cheese.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and milk and a generous pinch of salt and pepper together until combined. Then evenly pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the casserole comes out clean. Serve immediately.
*If you would like to make this casserole in advance, just cover and refrigerate the casserole for up to 1 day before baking. Then remove the cover, let the casserole rest out at room temperature while the oven is heating up, then bake as directed.
*Feel free to add any of your other favorite spring vegetables to this recipe, too. The idea is just to be sure that they are cooked through before combining them with the egg mixture.
*If you would like extra seasoning with this casserole, you could whisk some seasonings to the egg mixture. For example, you could use 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or 1/4 cup basil pesto, or a few tablespoons chopped fresh basil — whatever sounds good!