You will love this Stuffed Mushrooms With Blue Cheese & Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto recipe. It’s delicious, and ready to go in about 20 minutes. Perfect for game-day!
Stuffed Mushroom Ingredients:
- 1 lb. cremini or button mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto (see ingredients/recipe below)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 (24 ounce) jar of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled (or about 3 tsp. minced)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup fresh sage
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
To Make The Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, or preheat a smoker.
- Carefully remove and discard the stems of the mushrooms, then clean with a damp cloth. Fill mushroom cavity with sundried pesto (approx. 1/2 tsp.). Top with blue cheese crumbles, and a pinch of Panko. Bake or smoke for about 15 minutes, until the cheese starts to melt and filling is warm. Serve immediately.
- To Make The Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto:
- Place tomatoes, garlic, walnuts, sage, and Parmesan in a food processor, and pulse until blended. Slowly stream in the olive oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Use pesto immediately, or refrigerate for up to one week, or freeze.
These are also great with gorgonzola cheese!