A simple, delicious Twix Trifles recipe with layers of chocolate candy bar salted caramel mousse, hot fudge and whipped cream. YUM!
- Twix bars (I used 3 packages, chopped into 1/4″ pieces)
- chocolate fudge sauce (homemade or storebought)
- whipped cream (homemade or storebought)
- salted caramel mousse (recipe below)
Salted Caramel Mousse Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (or more, to taste)
- 4 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
To Make Trifle:
- In a trifle bowl or small glass, add a layer of the chopped Twix bars. Then use a pastry bag (or a Ziplock bag with the corner tip cut out) to pipe in a layer of caramel mouse. Then do the same with a layer of chocolate fudge sauce. Then repeat! Finish of with a layer of whipped cream, and top with the remaining Twix bars. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 8 hours.
To Make Salted Caramel Mousse:
- Briefly stir together granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan, then bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue cooking, without stirring, until mixture turns dark amber in color, about 6 to 7 minutes. (Keep an eye on it, though, because it goes from clear to amber very quickly!)
- Remove from heat and slowly add in cream (just start with a tablespoon or two), stirring with a wooden spoon until completely smooth. (Be careful, as the mixture will definitely bubble up and possibly splatter a bit as you add in the cream.) Stir in vanilla and salt. Set aside until it reaches room temperature, or refrigerate to speed up the process.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese on medium-high speed for 1 minute until very smooth. Add in the room-temperature caramel and powdered sugar, and beat on medium-low speed until combined. If the mousse is too thick, add in a tablespoon or two of heavy cream. Then increase speed to medium-high and beat for another 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Set aside.
These would also be delicious with a layer of ice cream!