sesame strawberry salad
There are so many smells I love in the kitchen — homemade bread, freshly cut pineapple, any sort of roasting garlic — mmm, the list goes on and on… But if I were ever forced to pick an absolute favorite, there would be no contest. My answer would be two simple words:
My heart may or may not skip a little beat each time I get to reach in the cabinet for that fabulous little bottle of goodness. :) It’s divine!!
Thus, to offer a slight alternative on the standard balsamic and strawberry salad, I recommend this little gem of a recipe. It’s great for fruity salads, marinades, and whatever else you can dream up. And its delightfulness is, of course, all due to the you-know-what. Enjoy!!
Sesame Strawberry Salad Recipe
(Adapted from All Recipes)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 bunches fresh spinach – chopped, washed and dried
- 1 pint strawberries, halved
1. Whisk together the sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, poppy seeds, dried onion, paprika, oil and vinegar. Refrigerate until chilled.
2. In a salad bowl, combine the spinach and strawberries. Drizzle with dressing, toss lightly and serve.
If you have a toaster oven, it’s the best place to toast up a batch of nuts! So much easier than dealing with preheating a full-sized oven, and preparing/cleaning a full-sized cookie sheet. :)