No one will ever guess that this delicious chili was made with just 5 ingredients!
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey*
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 (15 oz.) cans beans, drained (black beans, kidney beans, a combo, or whatever you like)
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- (optional toppings: shredded cheese, chopped green onions, sour cream, cilantro, etc.)
- In a large stockpot, cook ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat until browned, stirring frequently. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked beef or turkey to a separate plate and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon of grease in the stockpot, and discard the rest.
- Add the onion to the stockpot and saute for 4-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and the cooked beef or turkey to the stockpot, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with optional toppings if desired. Or, store in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
*If using ground turkey, you will need to heat a tablespoon of olive oil beforehand to help cook and brown the turkey, and then add an additional tablespoon of oil to cook the onion.
**You can also make this in the slow cooker. You just need to brown your meat on the stove and drain it before adding the meat to your slow cooker. Then slow cook the chili on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.