Avocado Cilantro Dressing
This Avocado Cilantro Dressing packs all of the flavors you love in fresh guacamole…into a quick and easy vinaigrette! So delicious!
I mean, let’s be real. This recipe is basically just another excuse to have more guacamole in my life. Because why limit ingredients as delicious as fresh avocado, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño, garlic and cumin can’t just to a dip?! 😉
Yep, turns out that all of our favorite guacamole ingredients taste just as delicious in this simple green dressing. Plus, it’s super quick and simple to make, easy to customize (to make it more spicy, or tangy, or creamy, or…you name it!), and it’s guaranteed to kick your salads up a delicious notch.
Let’s make some!
This recipe is easiest to puree together in the blender or food processor. Or, if you don’t mind doing lots of avocado-mashing and garlic-and-cilantro-and-jalapeño-chopping, you can also just whisk it up by hand.
And of course, there are all sorts of ways to customize it.
- Missing a jalapeño? Feel free to add in a good pinch of cayenne. (Or nix the jalapeño altogether if you don’t like heat.)
- Don’t have fresh garlic on hand? Feel free to add in a good pinch of garlic powder.
- Want a more versatile flavor profile? Feel free to sub in lemon juice and parsley in place of lime juice and cilantro.
- Want a creamier dressing? Feel free to whisk in some Greek yogurt or mayo.
- Want a sweeter dressing? Feel free to whisk in some honey or maple syrup.
- Want a smokier dressing? A chipotle in adobo will never steer you wrong. ;)
I recommend using this dressing:
- on Mexi-inspired green salads
- drizzled on tacos, burritos, rice bowls, enchiladas and more
- as a finishing sauce for cooked proteins or veggies
- stirred into rice or beans
Avocado Cilantro Dressing
This Avocado Cilantro Dressing is all of the flavors you love from fresh guacamole…blended into a vinaigrette!
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- half of a small jalapeño
- 2/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, loosely-packed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon each Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Combine avocado, garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, cumin, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup water in a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. Taste and season with extra salt and pepper if needed. Also, feel free to add a few extra tablespoons of water to thin out the dressing to your desired consistency, if needed.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week.
*Feel free to add in half a shallot if you happen to have one on hand. Or, you’re welcome to add in 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt to make this dressing extra creamy.
**The top picture in this post features a double batch, approximately 2 cups yield.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I'd love to see what you cook!
Be sure to also check out my other favorite salad dressings!