Berry Fruit Salad
Happy Friday, everyone!
I made you a big ol’ fruit salad for the weekend, because…berries. Whenever I see a carton of perfectly ripe, sweet, juicy berries at the market lately, I can’t help but stock up while they’re in season. And last week, my overflowing fridge full of those sweet reds, purples and blues could attest to that.
So last weekend, I combined all of my leftover berries — along with some yummy fresh cherries I received as a surprise in the mail — in a big bowl to make a very berrylicious fruit salad. I tossed it with some lemon juice and a hint of honey, and then added in a small handful of fresh mint from our community garden. And within minutes, this beautiful bowl was ready to enjoy.
And it was berry, berry good. ♥
So if you happen to have a surplus of berries on hand, gather them up and make a fruit salad for yourself!
Just toss a bunch of berries in a bowl (any combination of berries will do)…
…sprinkle some chopped fresh mint leaves on top, and then drizzle on a citrus-honey mixture…
…give it all a good toss…
…and then dive into this fresh and sweet summer treat.
Fun fact — after enjoying this for lunch for a few days, I still had leftovers. So I tried serving this on top of a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert, and it was delish! Then I still had a few more leftovers, so I stirred a handful of it into a glass of red wine and — poof! — instant sangria. So many options. (And extra incentive to make a big batch.) ;)
Hope you all have a berry great weekend and enjoy this salad!
Berry Fruit Salad
This Berry Fruit Salad recipe is the perfect way to use up leftover berries! It’s quick and easy to make, plus tastes extra refreshing when tossed with fresh mint, lemon juice, and a hint of honey.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 8 ounces fresh bing cherries, pitted
- 8 ounces fresh blackberries
- 8 ounces fresh blueberries
- 8 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add the strawberries, cherries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and chopped mint together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and honey until combined.
- Pour it on top of the berries. Then gently toss the fruit salad until everything is evenly coated with the lemon mixture.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
*All of these fruit measurements are flexible — just use however much of what you have!
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I'd love to see what you cook!