A simple chicken dish with your favorite classic “caprese” ingredients!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to uniform thickness
- 1/2 cup good-quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup lightly-packed fresh basil, torn
To Make The Chicken:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. (You will know that it is ready when the oil is shimmering, or it sizzles when you place a drop of water in the oil.) Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is fully cooked and the juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside.
To Make The Balsamic Reduction:
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes until reduced by half. Remove and set aside.
To Assemble The Dish:
- Plate the chicken, then top with sliced tomatoes, mozzarella and basil. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Serve warm.
You can also pop this under the broiler for a minute or two (keep an eye on it!) to melt the mozzarella and warm up the tomatoes! Just be sure to add the basil after you broil.