Learn how to make chimichurri sauce with this quick and easy authentic recipe.
Anyone remember that episode of Seinfeld when they talk about how fun it is to say the word “sssssssalsa”? Well, get ready for chimichurri!
Yep. And in Spanish, the double “r” means you get to give it a dramatic roll as well.
For those of you who have never made this sauce, it is an herb lover’s dream come true. Lots of fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus some fresh cilantro, garlic, a little red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil — it’s basically a parsley pesto! Definitely a simple, fresh sauce that pairs perfectly with grilled steak, chicken, or even fish or seafood.
Rrrrrrrrreally yummy. You should give it a try!
You will love this fresh, green and totally delicious Chimichurri Sauce recipe. It’s flavorful, healthy, and can be prepared in less than 5 minutes!
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, tightly packed (about 1 bunch of parsley)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, tightly packed (about 1 bunch of cilantro)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 3 Tablespoons fresh oregano, tightly packed (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- ½ cup good-quality olive oil
Add all ingredients except the olive oil to a food processor, and pulse a few times until chopped. Slowly stream in the olive oil, while pulsing the mixture a few more times until the olive oil is combined, and stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor if needed.
Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container (this is the jar I used) for up to 3 days.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #gimmesomeoven. I'd love to see what you cook!
This post contains affiliate links.