A delicious candy-inspired dessert bar! Recipe and photos included.
Toffee Bars Ingredients:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lightly-packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk, bittersweet or dark)
Toffee Topping Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup lightly-packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour and brown sugar in large bowl. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until fine crumbs form, although a few large crumbs may remain. (See Ali’s Tip below for shortcut.) Press mixture onto bottom of ungreased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Sprinkle pecans over crust. Prepare toffee topping (instructions below); drizzle evenly over pecans and crust.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until topping is bubbly and golden; remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle milk chocolate chips evenly over top; press gently onto surface. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 36 bars.
- Combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar in small saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue boiling, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Use immediately.