The Friday Five (Summer Salad Edition)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Happy Friday, friends!
I hope this finds each of you well and enjoying the start to a lovely June weekend wherever life may find you. As of late last night, after 16 hours of traveling from El Salvador, I finally landed home sweet home in Kansas City. And after goinggoinggoing today to catch up on some things from the week, I am ready for a weekend full of some good time catching up with friends and some extra siestas to catch up on my zzz’s.
Without a doubt, my time in El Salvador was good. Like, deeply good. I met some of the most extraordinary people brought back so many stories that I can’t wait to share with you all soon. But I also brought back a bunch of questions, challenges, and some fresh heartache — as usually happens whenever you spend time in any sort of developing country. Lots to think through and process with friends.
But bottom line, it’s good to be home. And since I returned home to hot June days here in Kansas City, I thought it would only be appropriate to share a roundup of amazing summer salads from some of my blogging friends. I hope you enjoy and are inspired by them as much as I am. And that together we can all be sure to remember to give thanks for this amazing gift of food that we are able to enjoy. This week has reminded me yet again, lest I ever forget, what an incredible gift it really is.
Be well this weekend, everyone. :)
5 Summery Green Salads
- Super Greens Southwest Kale Salad | Lauren’s Latest
- Arugula & Grilled Peace Salad | What’s Gaby Cooking
- Indian Roasted Potato Salad with Swiss Chard | Bev Cooks
- Greek Salad with Avocado | Foodie Crush
- Sriracha Kale Caesar Salad | Running To The Kitchen
5 Summery Pasta Salads
- Southwestern Black Bean Pasta Salad | She Wears Many Hats
- BLT Pasta Salad (Gluten-Free) | Chocolate & Carrots
- Rainbow Tex Mex Tortellini Salad | GoodLife Eats
- Greek Pasta Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette | Just A Taste
- Orzo Salad with Yogurt-Dill Vinaigrette | The Lemon Bowl
5 Summery Fruit Salads
- Mojito Fruit Salad | Iowa Girl Eats
- Citrus Mint Fruit Salad | Baked Bree
- Strawberry & Mango Fruit Salad | Cookin’ Canuck
- Blueberry, Nectarine & Burrata Salad with Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette | Eats Well With Others
- Blackberry Mango Lemon Poppyseed Fruit Salad with Earl Grey Whipped Coconut Cream | With Food + Love
5 Summery Chicken Salads
- Rainbow Thai Chicken Salad | Gimme Some Oven
- Jalapeno Lime Chicken Salad | Henry Happened
- Strawberry Almond Chicken Salad | Sally’s Baking Addiction
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Soba Noodle Salad | Pinch of Yum
- Apricot Basil Chicken Salad | Simple Bites
5 Summery Whole Grain Salads
- Roasted Cherry Tomato, Arugula & Sorghum Salad | Cookie & Kate
- Mediterranean Wheat Berry Salad | Minimalist Baker
- Charred Corn & Quinoa Salad | Mountain Mama Cooks
- Grilled Beet, Quinoa & Feta Salad | Naturally Ella
- Heirloom Tomato, Avocado & Farro Salad with Mint-Lime Dressing | The Roasted Root
I am all about salads during the summer, what a great roundup!
Thanks for the share friend! So glad you’re back home. Anxious to hear about it all.
There is a whole lot of salads going on here. Great round up!
I can’t wait to hear about your trip!!!
Deliciously healthy. I LOVE IT!
Looking forward to reading about your trip!
I heart salad season!!! Thank you for the orzo pasta shout out!! <3
Just read all about your trip in your latest post – it sounds wonderful! Just like this roundup of salads! So many options to get me out of my salad rut!!
Perfect salad collection! :) I love the wholegrain section, can never have enough of those recipes on hand and I’m always looking for new inspiration.