This fun Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats Recipe is both delicious and creative. You’ll love it!
Rice Crispy Treats Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup butter*
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (omit if making classic flavor)
- candy corn
- cashews (split in half, and then broken in two)
- Whoppers (or other round, brown candy)
- black frosting
- red licorice (I used Twizzlers “Pull & Peel”) – or a dried cranberry might work
- more peanut butter for “glue”
To Make Turkey Crispy Treats
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat (with peanut butter if using). When melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal and mix well.
- While still warm, use your hands to form the mixture into small balls. Then use additional peanut butter for “glue” to tack on the candy corn (feathers), Whopper (head), beak (cashew), little red waddle (licorice), and then use black frosting to make the eyes. You may need to squish these down slightly so that there’s a flat part on the bottom, in order to help the “bird” balance. :)
To Make Rice Crispy Bars
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat (with peanut butter if using). When melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal and mix well. If using sprinkles, add sprinkles and mix well (add more, and some more). Pour contents into baking dish and spread evenly. When cooled, cut into squares and serve.
- *I recommend using regular peanut butter, not natural peanut butter, for maximum stickyness.
That’s so adorable! I love that you even remembered to add the waddle!
That is so creative – beautiful!
Oh Ali, these are simply too cute! I love your peppermint mocha cupcakes post too. Happy holidays!
Squeee! It’s after thanksgiving, but I don’t care. I’m making these just because they are so darn adorable. Thanks for sharing!
We included this in our edible turkey post today! https://sstorywindow.blogspot.com/2010/11/turkey-time.html
Those are so cute! I can barely stand it!
What a clever idea. I’ve featured it on https://phubie.blogspot.com/2010/11/edible-turkey-crafts.html.
That’s really cute. Great idea.
What would you use for “glue” if omitting peanut butter (due to allergies)?
If you don’t want to use peanut butter for glue, you can use melted chocolate.
awesome and FUN!!
This is so cute! What a great idea! I hope you will link this post to my Thanksgiving Traditions link up!
Adorable! Just shared on our Fun Finds Friday… https://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2011/11/fun-finds-friday_18.html
So adorable! I saw these on Pinterest earlier today…and what a nice surprise to “stumble” them tonight. Cute concept!