This fun Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats Recipe is both delicious and creative. You’ll love it!
Rice Crispy Treats Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup butter*
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (omit if making classic flavor)
- candy corn
- cashews (split in half, and then broken in two)
- Whoppers (or other round, brown candy)
- black frosting
- red licorice (I used Twizzlers “Pull & Peel”) – or a dried cranberry might work
- more peanut butter for “glue”
To Make Turkey Crispy Treats
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat (with peanut butter if using). When melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal and mix well.
- While still warm, use your hands to form the mixture into small balls. Then use additional peanut butter for “glue” to tack on the candy corn (feathers), Whopper (head), beak (cashew), little red waddle (licorice), and then use black frosting to make the eyes. You may need to squish these down slightly so that there’s a flat part on the bottom, in order to help the “bird” balance. :)
To Make Rice Crispy Bars
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat (with peanut butter if using). When melted, add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal and mix well. If using sprinkles, add sprinkles and mix well (add more, and some more). Pour contents into baking dish and spread evenly. When cooled, cut into squares and serve.
- *I recommend using regular peanut butter, not natural peanut butter, for maximum stickyness.