Puppy chow meets brownies. Get ready!
- 12 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups frozen puppychow (plus extra for serving)
- hot fudge sauce (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 or 9×9 square baking pan with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat until melted. Add the granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Stir well. Remove pan from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Continue whisking while pouring the chocolate mixture into the bowl. Whisk until combined. Stir in the flour and frozen puppy chow until just combined. (Do not overbeat.)
- Pour batter into the previously prepared baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes. Cool on a wire rack (preferably for at least 20 minutes). Then cut the brownies into squares or use a biscuit/cookie cutter to shape into circles. Plate each brownie, then top with hot fudge sauce and additional puppy chow. Serve immediately.
If you were in a pinch, you could also add this puppy chow to a boxed brownie mix. Just be sure to freeze it first so that the chocolate from the puppy chow doesn’t completely melt into the mix.
Brownies recipe adapted from GoodLife Eats